Saturday, May 15, 2010

1. An Education: Keeping my eyes on the prize



An Education is a great coming of age story and I highly recommend people to see it. After watching this movie I thought this girl wanted to live an excited life with the man in the movie. She lost focus on what was important. She had set a goal and that was to get into Oxford. She let this mysterious man come into her life and show her something new, but she lost what was important in life, her dreams and goals. Looking at this movie showed me how I almost forgot the reason I came to Howard. The reason I went to Howard University was to get an education, but I let extra stuff throw me off my game. I didn't realize that until I saw how the extra stuff was baggage in my Howard career. I knew I had to keep my eyes on the prize, because the extra stuff can stop you from your dreams and goal. I understood I was caught up in the extra stuff and I stop making movies, I stop writing screenplays, I stop being me. I got that from the movie that never put your all into one person or one thing because you end up losing who you are in the end. My mother would teach me how it is important not to forget who you are and never lose focus. I'm finally keeping my eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment