Saturday, May 15, 2010

2 Citizen Kane: HOME is where the Heart is


Rosebud” The famous named uttered in the beginning of the movie by Charles Foster Kane the protagonist in the movie. In the movie the reporters want to know who “Rosebud” was so they go down memory lane of Charles Foster Kane. Through the movie you see how famous Kane was how he tried to run for president of the United States, how he owned a newspaper and the many women he fooled around. The biggest impact the movie left on me was that it remind me of Home and my cousin Nnamdi. I want to talk about home, how all the reporters were trying their best to find out who “Rosebud” was, but Rosebud was home to Kane. He had all the money in the world, but the one thing he couldn’t buy was Home and home is truly were the Heart is. I have this philosophy in life that when we meet someone for the first time a heart is created and that’s the connection you and that person share. That’s the reason people hurt so much because they have that heart connection. Charles Kane wanted that heart connection between home and himself, but he knew he couldn’t get it back. My cousin Nnamdi reminds me so much of Citizen Kane, walk the walk and talk the talk. I have no doubt in my head he will be famous, but I fear if he doesn’t gain that connection with his heart he is going to drift like Charles. He has time to find it, his only 22, but I will pray. like they say in the Wiz think of Home, because home is truly where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment